Clinics & Services
All GP practices are contracted to provide “essential services”. As a minimum this includes basic treatment of ill people. We also provide the following “additional services”.
- Contraceptive services including Nexplanon insertion and removal. Specialist services such as IUCD insertion are available at the Community Family Planning Clinics.
- Cervical smears.
- Child health surveillance, together with the Health Visiting team.
- Routine immunisation of children, together with the Health Visiting team.
- Immunisation for adults in relation to travel are available on the NHS. Please ask our practice nurse for details.
- Interpreters can be arranged for your surgery visit. This must be arranged in advance by contacting the receptionists.
- Podiatry - self refer by phoning 0141 347 8909
- Physiotherapy - self refer by requesting a referral form from Reception on 0141 770 4052
We also hold contracts with the NHS GG&C Health Board for the following “enhanced services”:
- An annual flu immunisation programme to protect the elderly and at risk.
- Regular monitoring by blood and urine tests for patients on a range of drugs for arthritis and bowel problems.
- Annual comprehensive reviews for patients with diseases such as heart or stroke disease, asthma, COPD or epilepsy.
- Annual comprehensive review for patients with diabetes. This includes appointments with the dietician and podiatrist.
- A methadone substitution programme for patients with drug abuse problems.